What your privacy means to us…
Dragonfly Cancer Trust relies heavily on the kindness and generosity of individuals like you to allow our work to continue.
From the first time you interact with the charity and provide personal details – for example, when you sign up to receive email updates (keep in touch section), register for an event or make a donation – you may receive follow up information from Dragonfly Cancer Trust, including the difference your donation has made, or future opportunities to continue your support.
You can opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by contacting the charity directly by emailing us at: email@example.com
Alternatively, you can write to us at: Dragonfly Cancer Trust, MEA House, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8XS.
We work hard to respect your privacy
Dragonfly Cancer Trust will look after any personal information that you share with us.
You can be confident that:
- We will only use personal information in the ways we need to and that is expected of us.
- We will make it easy for you to tell us how you want us to communicate with you, including how to opt-out from future communications.
- We will never release your information to external organisations.
- We take all reasonable care to safeguard your personal information through security policies and following secure processes.
A cookie cannot be used to identify you.
If you would like to learn more about Cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org.
1. How we collect personal information about you
We may collect personal information from you when you interact with Dragonfly Cancer Trust. There are many occasions when this could happen, for example: if you enquire about our fundraising activities, register for an event, make a donation, interact on social media channels, purchase something, apply for a volunteering opportunity, if you choose to provide some optional feedback or otherwise provide us with personal information through correspondence via telephone, email, text or letter.
2. What information do we collect?
The personal information we collect might include your contact details such as name, date of birth, email address, postal address, telephone number and credit/debit card details (if you are making a purchase or donation), as well as information you provide in any correspondence between us.
We also gather general information about the use of our websites, such as which pages users visit most often and which services, events or facilities are of most interest. We may also track which pages users visit when they click on links in Dragonfly Cancer Trust emails. We may use this information to personalise the way our website is presented when users visit them, to make improvements to our website and to ensure we provide the best service for users. Wherever possible we use aggregated or anonymous information which does not identify individual visitors to our websites.
3. How do we use personal information?
We may use your personal information for the following reasons:
- To respond to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, text, social media, message board or any other means.
- For internal record keeping
- To respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints, or queries we receive from you.
- To confirm that your gift or donation has been processed correctly, to thank you accordingly, to validate your GIFT AID claim and maintain records of your past and future donations.
- To provide you with information and support for any events or fundraising activities of which you are taking part in, or holding on behalf of Dragonfly Cancer Trust.
- To contact you in relation to any voluntary opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- To raise funds and to promote the aims and objectives of Dragonfly Cancer Trust.
- To pursue our organisational goals, including the provision of: Cash Gifts, Dragonfly Dreams, Footprint Fund, Glass Heart applications, gifted stays at Center Parcs and other personalised gifts to the children and young people referred to Dragonfly Cancer Trust.
- To manage your contact preferences – When you “opt-in” or “opt-out”, or wish for us to update the information we have.
- To manage and support our volunteers during their time with the Trust.
- To inform – For our internal digital and social media marketing strategy.
- For internal purposes, research, impact reporting and ways to improve the way we work.
- To comply with a legal duty – For example, Gift Aid records and legacy pledges.
- For marketing purposes where you have specifically consented to receive marketing communications from us.
- To provide you with information about our activities or online content you have agreed to receive.
- To use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different regions of the UK;
- To analyse and improve the activities and content offered by the Dragonfly Cancer Trust website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience.
4. How do we handle your direct debits or credit card information?
Dragonfly Cancer Trust is fully PCI compliant and uses external payment card industry (PCI) compliant providers. These providers collect this data on our behalf. We do not store PCI data on any of our systems. Our PCI compliance is checked and renewed on an annual basis.
5. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
Dragonfly Cancer Trust will only contact individuals for marketing purposes in cases where you have provided us with consent to do so for example, our “Keep in touch” section on our website. You may provide that consent in various ways including online or paper forms, social media, or face to face engagement with our fundraising team.
If you would like to learn more about Cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org
The cookies we use
We use the categorisation set out by the International Chamber of Commerce in their UK Cookie Guide.
We use all four categories of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies are essential for you to move around our website and to use its features, like our shopping basket and your account.
- Performance cookies collect anonymous information about how you use our site, like which pages are visited most. No information that identifies you is kept.
- Functionality cookies remember choices you make to improve your experience, like your text size or location. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. They are anonymous.
- Targeting or advertising cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising relevant to you and your interests.
But what if I don’t want cookies?
You can opt out of all our cookies (except the strictly necessary ones). To find out how to control and delete cookies in your browser please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Please be aware that if you choose to refuse all cookies, you may not be able to use our website properly.
8. Updating, changing or deleting personal information.
The accuracy of your information is really important to us. We want to make sure that we are able to communicate with you in ways that you are happy with, and to provide you with information that is of interest and relevance. If you wish to change how we communicate with you, or update the information we hold, then please contact us:
Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Write to us at: Dragonfly Cancer Trust, MEA House, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne NE1 8XS
Call us on: 0191 261 0971 (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm)
9. How long do we keep your personal information?
Dragonfly Cancer Trust adheres to a strict retention and disposal of records policy for information no longer required.
We hold personal information that relates to:
- Donations you have made to us – we’ll hold these records for seven years since the date of your last donation.
- Entering raffles and competitions – we’ll hold this information for five years.
- Legacy pledges and donations – we’ll hold this information until seven years after the legacy is received.
- Subscribing to a newsletter – you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link on the footer of each newsletter.
- By law we are required to hold some personal information to fulfil the Trust’s statutory obligations, for example, collection of GIFT AID, or information to support certain financial transactions.
- We will also retain information about your details enabling us to respect your chosen preferences for being contacted by Dragonfly Cancer Trust for audit purposes.
The law allows you to be able to withdraw consent to any particular usage of data without needing to specify a reason. You can withdraw your consent by emailing email@example.com or calling 0191 261 0971.
10. Will you share my personal information with anyone else?
Dragonfly Cancer Trust will only use your information for the purposes for which it was obtained. Dragonfly Cancer Trust will not, share or sell your personal data with any third party for marketing purposes and you will not receive offers from other companies or organisations as a result of giving your details to us.
Exceptions: We will comply with legal requests where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
12. Your Rights
You may make a request relating to any of the rights listed below, we will consider each request in line with all applicable data protection laws and regulations and will respond within 30 days of the request. We will not charge an administration fee, unless the request is deemed to be excessive in nature.
- Access to your personal information
- Removal of your personal information
- Your personal data portability
- If you feel that your personal information is incorrect
- Objection to processing of your personal information
- Objection to automated decision-making and profiling
Restriction of processing of your personal information, once we have successfully verified your identity, you are entitled to obtain the following information in relation to your own personal information:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you
- The categories of personal data stored about you
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted, along with the location of those recipients
- The storage period of your personal data or the rationale for determining the storage period
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling
A request for the above information may be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to:
Dragonfly Cancer Trust
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dragonfly Cancer Trust takes great care to ensure that your personal information is both up to date and accurate. You may at any point, ask us to remove or correct any information you think is inaccurate.
You have the right to file a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you believe your data has been processed in a way that does not comply with the GDPR. You can do so by calling the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 or via their website.
Data Protection – Trustees of Dragonfly Cancer Trust
Data Protection c/o Trustees of Dragonfly Cancer Trust
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dragonfly Cancer Trust is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office under our registered name of “Josie’s Dragonfly Trust”, registration no. ZA238636.