As the cold, dreary weather continues into the month of march, you’ll surely be asking yourself why should I be out running when it’s so bleak?
Well ask no more as I have compiled a selection of the finest music to grace your ears while your Running your socks off. From ABBA to the bee gees and everything in between, we’ve got you covered.
1. ABBA – Dancing Queen
“You can sing, you can dance” …However more importantly, can you run?
2. Bee Gees – Night Fever
Possibly the only point in the day I have time to run, and who doesn’t want to have a bit of Saturday Night Fever when they are hitting the tarmac
3. KC And The Sunshine Band – Give it Up
Honestly please don’t give it up, keep it going, you’ve only got another 10 miles to go!
4. Matthew Wilder – Break my Stride
“Ain’t nothin gonna break my stride” …Too right! After reading this blog you should be running ultra marathons in no time.
5. The Housemartins – Happy Hour
Oh you bet, running till your legs fall off is my happiest hour of the day as well!
6. Tears of Fears – Everybody Wants To Rule The World
Too right they do… But for now focus on getting through that 5k. One step at a time
7. ABBA – Take a chance on Me
We couldn’t just include one song could we? Just ignore “we could go walking”. Because we can’t. We only do Running. Sorry.
8. Queen – Don’t stop me now
Stop reading the blog, get out running!
9. Katrina and the Waves – Walking on the sunshine
If it’s anything like last year you truly feel like you are walking on the sun. Utterly boiling.
10. Scissor Sisters – I Don’t Feel Like Dancin’
And so you shouldn’t – come on, were meant to be running.
11. Barry White – You’re the first, the last, my everything
This year’s Great North Run, may well be your first, hopefully not your last, So give it your everything??
…I think I’m entitled for a round of applause for that.
12. John Travolta – You’re the one that I want
Serenade that Runners medal, tell it you’re the one that you need… oh yes indeed
13. Whitney Houston – Million Dollar Bill
Running should make you feel like a Million dollar bill, or at least one of those new £20 pound notes
14. Survivor – Eye of the Tiger
I mean c’mon, it wouldn’t be a running playlist without it
15. Hairspray – You Can’t Stop the beat
If this doesn’t give you energy at 7 in the morning, I honestly don’t know what will. After all.. You can’t stop the beat.